FORT BEND FALCONS BOWLING INFORMATION 2017
Coaches for 2017:
Lilly Moreno (Coach Lilly) 713-572-7210
Dermont Padmore (Coach Padmore) 713-992-2851
Lisa Forson (Coach Lisa) 832-715-9633
Katie Alcala (Coach Katie) 713-569-0046
- Bowling practice is at Stafford Lanes on Wednesday nights. Please plan to arrive by 5:30 p.m. to allow athletes enough time to get a ball, find their lane, and put on their shoes. The first game will start at 6 p.m. If your athlete arrives late they will have to wait till the second game to bowl.
- We will all meet this Wednesday Oct 11, 2017 for registrations. All athletes will only play one game to get scores.
Practices will be on the following dates:
- Oct. 11, 18, 25
- Nov. 1, 8, 15, 29
- Dec. 2 (Area Competition)
The entry forms for Area Competition are due by October 27th. It is very important that athletes attend all practices to ensure that they are placed appropriately for the tournament.
- A Medical Release Form must be on file in order to bowl. All athletes will need to complete new forms this year in order to bowl.
- Please fill out the Special Olympic Emergency forms and turn it in to one of the coaches. You can go to www.fortbendfalcons.org to get a copy of it.
- Please have the athletes sign in at Coach’s table at every practice. All volunteers will sign in at Coach Lilly’s table.
- If you would like to be a chaperone this year, then please see Coach Lilly as soon as possible. We need chaperones. Please refer to www.fortbendfalcons.org to get started today.
- If your child is not on time to practice, then he/she might have to wait until the next game to start.
The coaches would like to thank all of the volunteers that have been giving up their time during bowling practice. It is people like you that make Special Olympics very special to everyone on the team.
If you have any questions or concerns, then please feel free to contact Coach Lilly on her cell at 713-572-7210
Just a few reminders for our athletes and parents:
- Be aware of the weather when dealing with outside sports.
- Dress your athlete appropriately for sports (no jewelry, only close-toe shoes, athletic wear).
- Please be on time to practices.
- Have clear communication with your coaches. If you join a team but know you cannot make a competition, we need to be aware of that as soon as possible (please note, your athlete is welcome at practice even if he/she cannot make the competition).
- Join Remind101 when your coaches give you the codes. The coaches will be communicating through this program with you in order to give you more efficient and immediate information.
- Hydration is key! Bring water or a sports drink with your athlete to practice! Snacks and sodas are prohibited.
- All Special Olympics uniforms that are on loan to you need to be returned to the coaches after the competition, as these are FBISD property. If the uniform is not returned, your athlete will not be allowed to participate in any future sports until either the uniform is returned or paid for.
Thank you all for everything you do and continue to do to help keep our program a success! It is only with you, the families, that the Falcons can thrive! We are all excited and cannot wait to see what greatness we will achieve.
Hayley Martinez-HOD and Darin Quintero-HOD